One of the most common problems with the Genesis Pro is the installation. A wrong installation will give errors upon loading the Genesis Pro or perhaps your DAW can't locate the dll.
(Re)Installation guide step by step:
If you already have the Genesis Pro installed or you would like to update:
- Uninstall all the files by using the uninstaller in C:\Program Files (x86)\GenesisPro
- Double check if all the files are successfully removed, including the dlls. Search your drive for any GenesisPro files just to be sure. For example: GenesisPro.dll
- It is very important that your DAW does not use an old dll file
Download and install:
- Download and install Genesis Pro 1.0.2. (double check you got this version installed, can be seen on topside of the installer window when installing)
- Default system files path: C:\Program Files (x86)\GenesisPro (this cannot be changed - moving these files will result in errors)
- Default .dll path: C:\Program Files (x86)\GenesisProDLL (this can be changed but we recommend having Genesis dll file its own folder)
After installation check:
- Are all the system files correctly installed in: C:\Program Files (x86)\GenesisPro?
- Are the dlls correctly installed in: C:\Program Files (x86)\GenesisProDLL?
Adding to your DAW:
- Add C:\Program Files (x86)\GenesisProDLL to your plugin manager of your DAW scan
- Initiate scan and reselect Genesis Pro
- Tip for FL users: Please make sure "verify plugin" is checked
- Tip for Reaper users: Please make sure you “clear cache/re-scan”
Projects or sounds created with the old version will give (parameter) errors when you load it in for the first time with the new update. Save the project or sound 1x time and reload, the errors should disappear.
Post is closed for comments.